Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Food Find: Egg Salad

Have you ever heard egg salad described as light? Well, brace yourself. I've found one! On a tip from a neighbor, I sauntered over to Fireroast Mountain Cafe in the Longfellow neighborhood of South Minnie. She had praised their Dilled Egg Salad Sandwich and since I value her foodie sense, I knew she wouldn't steer me wrong. I also found out it is one of the most popular menu items. Loads of fresh dill gives their egg salad a light, springy favor. Served up on whole grain bread that has a touch of sweetness, it is the perfect Spring lunch. And, their location is so close to light rail and the bike trails that you could easily work off the egg salad by getting there under human power. If you like egg salad, I urge you to give it a try. They also have an eclectic menu of burritos, tamales and coffee fare... all made in house with local, organic ingredients!

Fireroast Mountain Cafe
3800 37th Ave. South
Minneapolis, MN 55406
612.724.9895

No comments:

Post a Comment