Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cabbage


Cabbage is a wonderful veggie that often gets a bad rap. My family doesn't do a whole lot for St. Paddy's Day (my offer to make green waffles was de-nied by my toddler, as was my request for green clothing, crayons or anything. his current favorite color is blue.), but I did make a darn good cabbage dish for dinner. No formal recipe, just give it a try...


1 small yellow onion, diced
1/2 head large green cabbage, chopped
1 large apple, diced (I used Pink Lady)
olive oil, salt + pepper

saute onion in olive oil until translucent. Add cabbage + apple. Saute, stirring occassionally until you see some browning. Reduce heat, add about 1/4C water, cover and cook until cabbage and apples are just tender. Season with salt + pepper. Great hot or cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment