Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Food Find: Trader Joe's Gluten Free Pancake & Waffle Mix

Recently, we did a little cleanse diet. And I mean 'we' because my family had to go on most of the journey with me since I do the cooking. Lucky them. Gluten had to removed from our regular rotation...and everything else that tastes good. What did we discover? That sometimes I really like broccoli + rice for breakfast, and that we COULD still have pancakes and waffles on the mornings I didn't want broccoli + rice.



Trader Joe's Gluten-free Pancake & Waffle Mix is pretty darn good (for gluten-free), super easy and best of all it doesn't cost a fortune (like some other gluten-free product lines). The waffles were light as air and crispy and paired perfectly with our toppings of choice (almond butter & honey or pure maple syrup, which ironically was allowed on the cleanse). So, if you happen to be watching your gluten, or would just like to switch it up a bit, give it a go! This mix is also mostly allergen-free with no nuts, dairy, soy or corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment