Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lunch on the Mall

In honor of Restaurant Week, my good friend Kimmie + I journeyed to Nicollet Mall downtown to partake of the offerings at Barrio,the groovy tequila bar that opened last Fall. With a mix of Small Plates, Tacos and Larger plates, there is something to appeal to everyone. The tequila menu is extensive, but (sigh), we did not partake since we both had to return to work. The made to order guac was very good, but it was the chips we couldn't keep our hands off of! They dust them with some yummy spices (cumin + chili powder?) to give them a kick all on their own. My shrimp taco was decent and Kim's Crab Soup was tasty... but needed lots of lime to cover-up the 'fishy' taste.

While we weren't blown away, I'm planning to try again when I can take advantage of the tequila and compadre (chaser for your tequila) offerings. The small plates are perfect for happy hour noshing.

Now, the really special treat was venturing just down the street to La Belle Crepe! I'll tell you all about that tomorrow. It deserves it's own space. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment